Friday, July 3, 2009

Heaven's Daises

I just came across the following poem I wrote shortly after my mother passed away. Even though she has been gone for a time now, this poem continues to be a poignant reminder of how much I miss her.....
Though you have gone on
To an eternal better place
I wonder, do you see me?
Can you remember my face?
Although I cannot hug you
Can I somehow hug the wind?
Are you busy, on a schedule?
Do you feel my love within?
When now you write your thoughts
Are they written on the clouds?
If I will look above
Can I read them? Am I allowed?
Who can I call to tell
About a blessing in my day?
If I say it soft out loud
Will sound waves carry it away?
What was it like to see
Your dear departed mate?
Was he waiting with a rose?
Did he open heaven’s gate?
I suppose the losing
Of those we love so dear
Helps us to understand
Father’s sacrifice – his Son – right here.
It seems the only time
My eyes can see the way
Is when I close my eyelids
As I bow my head to pray.
For our mortal eyes can see
The beauty of the earth.
But the vision of our spirit
Sees long before our birth.
Oh, may I strive to offer
My hands so willingly
To run the errands of my Father
And remember I’m your posterity.
And, when I see you once again.
When I am called back home.
May I bring you Heaven’s Daisies
From the seeds your life has sown.

Shanna C. Hugie


3 comments:

Tiffany said...

I remember when you wrote this one...it had to be daisies ;)

Grace said...

really beautiful! your poetry is amazing!! i hope you had a nice 4th of july

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!

I like how it causes me to think of the many different things that await us at 'that' time. I know gramma loves this poem...still.