Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Fatherhood's Echo

I wrote the following on Father's Day for my Dad. So many good memories....so many treasures he taught me....so good to remember---

You held me by the hand
As you steadied learning feet.
You taught to me integrity
And to learn from my defeat.
You taught me by example
How to work for all I have.
You were strong with gentle hands
As your footsteps made a path.
You taught me I was precious
Worth more than gems on earth
I knew to seek a husband
Who would love each child at birth.
You had a sense of humor
Your hands could hold the world
Though you were my super hero
You were tender to your girls.
You lived your testimony
And taught lessons with your life
The way you cherished mother
Taught me to be a wife.
Although you live in heaven
Sometimes I see you smile
You're my Dad and I remember
When you walked with me a mile.
-Shanna C. Hugie

No comments: