When someone says "I'm sorry"
And they've apologized
Then, we will let it go
If we indeed are wise.
But, what of those who err
Then say "I'm sorry" with a smile
Then do it wrong again
Should we walk with them a mile?
When someone needs forgiveness
It is up to us to try
To turn the other cheek
And then help them learn to fly.
Or, perhaps we could just listen
And give the benefit of doubt
And then on bended knee
Ask God to help them out.
Could we think of things to do
That will help their life along
Or, if they've really hurt us
Will forgiveness right the wrong?
For when we have been wounded
And our spirit hasn't healed
Then holding onto rancor
Will rip open our heart's seal.
What if you are the one
Who hurt another on your way
Apologize, then change
Live exactly what you say.
Tomorrow may bring sorrow
At the hands of one you love
If you embrace forgiveness
You'll see heaven up above.
But, if you hold a grudge
And hide from others here
You'll have a life of sadness
As you choose to live in fear.
Father wants us to love others
And pray for all we meet
Forgive, then do all kindness
As eternity you seek.
Shanna C. Hugie



1 comment:
Shanna-
I LOVE this poem...part of my lesson next week is on forgiveness and I think I'm going to steal this and give it to them!
Thanks for sharing your gift...as always!
Post a Comment