We would have held them closely.
To hold them gently here
But, it wasn't meant to be
And . . . now we struggle through our tears.
We know that one day later
We'll see them endless times
But, for now, they are just healing
In the arms of the divine.
We cannot know the answers
To every question asked
So, for now we each must labor
To accomplish our own tasks.
May Father heal our wounded souls
And bless our minds to see
The essence of their spirit
That blessed our lives so perfectly.
May we be given solace
Father loves us each, you see
He knows the tests He gave us
To cloak us for eternity.
So, while we miss our loved one
Who has left us for a while
May we listen for their echo
Heard on our mortal mile.
Then, when we've learned the song
Father saved for us to sing
May we take it home with us
As our gifts from life we'll bring.
May we learn our lessons well
While Father teaches them above
Then one day in heaven's classroom
We'll find the circle of God's love.
-Shanna C. Hugie



1 comment:
Shana that poem touched me a lot...you see my Father passed away a month ago...I sure miss him...would it be okay with you if I share that poem with my sisters and my Mom?
You are so gifted...If I owned a book company I would sign you to a deal!
Post a Comment