Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Gospel's Vacancy

Sometimes we watch loved ones struggle. Sometimes we struggle. I wrote this as I reflected how sometimes the prayers of another can and does make all the difference . . .

I was born into the Gospel
And baptized then at eight.
I was taught the many truths
That the way I could locate.
As I grew I came to question
All that I had learned
I found no testimony
In my heart that burned.
I felt hope slip away
The world seemed dark and gray.
The sadness of this life
Filled my heart with deep dismay.
No longer did a sunrise
Stir my heart to fill
Gratitude escaped my being
As my spirit became ill...
My essence became vacant
As I drifted time to time
I forgot that I was precious
In the image of divine.
It was easy to despair
And impossible to dream
I started living counterfeit
As I fulfilled a black hole scheme.
Yet - - - someone from beyond
Kneeled down upon their knees
Praying fervently to Father
To throw a line to me.
My hands were thrashing wildly
In the darkness I was in
I felt a chord - I grabbed it firm
Then . . . I was lifted up to Him...
-Shanna C. Hugie






1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations, Shanna, you're the winner of this week's give-away on my blog at Not Entirely British :-)

Please go to my website contact page HERE and send me your shipping address, which I can forward to Linda Scanlan who will mail you the prize.

Thanks for taking part. Enjoy!