When I contemplate chronic illness and other trials of this earthly life, I offer this new perspective……
I’ve supposed that I once pondered
The trials that I would face
When my turn to try mortality
Would change my heaven pace.
I imagined I would be prepared
Of the pain that I should bear
My vision of those lessons
One by one delivered there.
I felt no fear back then
Because I saw the scope
Of pre-mortal . . . birth . . . and then
Eternal life with hope.
Oh . . . the human pain of faith
To endure sorrow just because
With only mortal vision
We don’t see what Father does.
Without tomorrow’s vision
The purpose of today
Can overwhelm our spirit
Leaving self imposed dismay.
May I learn to face with courage
The trials that smother here
Then allow the spirit growth
In the sprouts once known as fear.
-Shanna C. Hugie
Light after dark.
10 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment