Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Twenty-Third Psalm

Recently a gospel doctrine teacher asked me to share my impression of the Twenty-Third Psalm. I read it, pondered what it meant to me, and was inspired to write these words....

He could have let me walk
Aimlessly on earth.
Yet, He sent a shepherd
To guide me from my birth.
He could have made the thistles
The bed where I would lay
Yet, He taught me how to find
Green pastures where I pray.
He could have let me drown
Yet, He leads me to the place
Where righteous stillness beckons...
No worry for my face.
No fear can there embrace me
For He is with me when I hear
Death and evil kept in place
By the Savior who is near.
He declares His love
Though my enemies will hate
For all to see He prepares
The feast of spirit's place.
He gives me every mercy
Then prompts my soul to be
Full of good forgiving
On my way to eternity.
-Shanna C. Hugie

No comments: