Saturday, July 26, 2008

Princess Begins With "P"

I was made aware of a request for someone's presentation to the Young Women at Camp to help them realize they were princesses. They were thinking of the story of the "Princess and the Pea"......As I thought about this, the following poem "happened".....oh, that we all realized the royalty in each of us....

I woke up in the morning
And felt that I had been
Bumped around by life
And was about to start again.
I didn’t understand
Why life made me feel this way
I looked into the mirror
And felt a deep dismay
For I felt a deep uneasy
As I thought what my life meant
What was I really here for
As another day was spent?
So, I got down on my knees
And asked Father up above
“Could you help me just a little
To feel again your love?
If I’ve done a little something
To get me off the path
Please right my course again
Before I feel life’s rath.”
As I stood again I saw it
There looking at me there
Was the image of a princess
Priceless, cherished and rare.
I thought I heard the words
Spoken there quite soft to me
“Remember just to “P”ray
And Princess begins with “P”
I knew deep in my heart
That the spirit spoke it too
That here I was a Princess
Being guided what to do
And if I would seek wisdom
In the prayers down on my knees
I would recognize a prompting
Like “The Princess and the Pea”.
I now see what I forgot
Was to put my princess lenses on
For my mortal eyes without them
Can’t see the road I’m on.
If I don’t have the knowledge
That I am royalty
I won’t know that I am precious
Because God created me….
-Shanna C. Hugie

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Cute mom! I love it :)