This poem was inspired by a talk recently given by President Thomas S. Monson.
I would live with true devotion
As my mortal life takes place
To give time to the Savior
As I run the earthly race.
Yet, the task seems overwhelming
As I look toward the goal
By myself I can’t complete
Because I’m not quite whole.
If I were those I’ve read about
I would know that I could win
Yet, I feel so insignificant
Today in my own skin.
I’ve made mistakes in judgment
As I’ve lived another day
It would seem I’m looking back
As I watch hope slip far away.
I gasp for breath of change
As my shoulders bend in pain
My eyes see only mistakes
Do others watch me with disdain?
So much to contemplate
As another day is born
Looking back I feel despair
Will I be able to find more?
I fall down to my knees
And hear my own voice say
A pleading to my Father
Then, I remember how to pray.
Time passes without notice
And my mind fills with a plan
As the spirit teaches me to listen
I learn again to stand.
I see that through the sacrifice
Christ made on earth for me
I can come back to the table
To feast with Him eternally.
-Shanna C. Hugie-
Light after dark.
10 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment