Recently I was "complaining" about the ongoing rain....wanting sunshine... The person I was talking to told me that I should think of the farmer and do like a relative had told him years ago and "pray for a window" to accomplish the things I wanted to do. That is where this poem came from....
Life has a need of balance
And what we pray away
May be what others need
Like . . . a rainy day . . .
To the hurried traveler
They plead for warmth and sun
Yet . . . the farmer needs the moisture
For crops when planting's done.
I wonder if our Father
Is weary of the fuss.
Could it be we could ask
A solution for each one of us.
For the farmer could it rain
On the crops until the time
The traveler starts his journey
Under rainbows of the Divine.
So, let's pray for windows
To bless our lives each day.
For "just time enough"
Blessing others when we pray . . .
Shanna C. Hugie
Light after dark.
10 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment